Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Relationship? No?

Many people have asked me about my relationship status, including my dear beloved mother, and sad to say I have to disappoint each and everyone of them with my non-existent love life. I don't want to pretend to have an imaginary boyfriend just so that I have something to talk about with others. I prefer to come clean and confess that I have been 'riding solo' (Jason Derulo, 2010) for quite sometime now.

I would be lying if I tell you that I never cared about not having someone special in my life. Sometimes, I do feel lonely, especially when I am walking around the shopping mall and seeing couples everywhere. But I never felt that I am a loser, just because I am not in a relationship. 

So how do I cope with this? Well, you can just assume that I am a workaholic. Everyday I will try to bury myself in work so that I won't be thinking about my pathetic love life. Socializing with my friends and students, be proactive, finding something worthwhile to do, such as reading, writing, daydreaming, tending my virtual farm, watching movies which I downloaded, daydreaming again and again and again also help me a lot. 

I haven't really found someone who can truly sweep me off my feet, yet. In the past I have fallen for sweet-talkers who only talk, talk, talk and no action (by action, I don't mean 'bedroom action'). Now, I am so sick of sweet-talkers, so don't sweet-talk me just so that you can get whatever you desire from me cause I might bash you in the head.

My aunt used to ask me, what are the criteria that I look for in a man/future partner? Well, my answer is very simple: tall, dark and handsome (anyone?). Ok, actually I didn't give that answer, I just shrugged the question off. But now, it got me thinking. So, what do I look for in a man/future partner? Here are the criteria, if you want to know. If not, maybe you can go somewhere else.

  1. Tall (taller than me that is)
  2. Not too thin, but not too fat either
  3. Sweet, not too handsome, just sweet looking
  4. Must have sense of humour (no stupid and lame jokes please)
  5. Smells nice, B.O. is a no-no
  6. No facial hair (a nice and trimmed goatee or beard is acceptable)
  7. Hygienic (bath at least three times a day)
  8. Responsible
  9. Religious, so that he can lead me to the right path
  10. Likes to smile
  11. Can be serious, depending on the situation
  12. Respect others
  13. Preferably non-smoker
  14. Most importantly, someone who can take care of me and grow old together
See? I am not that demanding. I am still a simple girl at heart. As long as the man loves me, I will love him back because I am very loyal when it comes to the matter of the heart. Maybe the man is hiding somewhere over the rainbow, but nevertheless, I will keep on waiting and waiting. In the meantime, let me just enjoy my singlehood before it comes to an end, no? ;)

Love, 

1 comment:

weenie said...

Does such a perfect man exist? :-)

Some of the criteria will be unimportant when you fall in love!

Good luck!