Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meeting or mating?

While some people prefer to hang out at the office waiting for meeting to start, I prefer to go back to my quarters to refresh myself. What is the point of staying at the office doing nothing? Other than staring at the netbook for hours, there's nothing much to do because it is still early and some of us have not entered the class yet. 

Today I only had one class with the Form 4 students, first EST class with them. It is a super duper quiet class. They only talked when I asked them questions. Gosh, I can't stand it. I have to think of something to make the class livelier. It is easy to do so when I teach English because there are so many activities to be carried out. But it is different with EST. All reading and no play. I want my class to be interesting. I tried to crack some jokes and thank God (syukur Alhamdulillah) they responded and laughed. *phew* I really need to find some ways to attract them cause they really want to learn the subject.

I thought I can have some rest today, after yesterday's ordeal (drunken monkey?). But the head of my department just told me that the meeting has to be rescheduled to today at 3 pm. Since he is always nice to me (for the past two years, he has been mentoring me on how to teach/handle EST class), so maybe I can just go and pretend that I am going for a movie instead. Besides, a consultant is going to join us for this meeting. I met her this afternoon and I have to say that I am very impressed with her so I am looking forward to gain something from and working with her.

It's 2 pm now, I still have time to sleep. More updates later!

Love,

No comments: