Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Fun-filled day

14 June 2011

Yesterday, my school was celebrating Teacher's Day. Even though the real Teacher's Day was a month ago, but yesterday's celebration was grand & better than last year's. The students were very creative in organizing interesting performances and activities. The best part was the award show, ala Anugerah Skrin or Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian. There were many categories & many nominees. I was nominated for Anugerah Guru Berjiwa Muda. I was very confident that I didn't win because all the nominees are more qualified to win this category. Besides, I'm a newbie so who would vote for me. 

Nevertheless, when they announced the winner, I was shocked & could not believe my ears. Yes, I have won. Luckily I was appropriately dressed for the occasion. I went up, took my hamper & smiled non-stop. Gosh, it was truly great. I mean, who would have guessed. After the event, we went to the staffroom to cool down before we were off to the dining hall. I got to eat with my mentees as this will be the last year for them, they are going to finish school soon & I know I am going to miss them. Apart from the hamper, a student also gave me a make-up bag, some mugs from ex-students, sweets & assortments from other colleague & others. Overall, I felt appreciated by them & although I know I won't be here long, but I am glad to teach the, while I am still here.

















Love,

No comments: